Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2022

COINCIDENCE? SYNCHRONICITY?


No Doubt, the previous entries 
regarding depressing right wing 
trolls can be temporarily offset 
by Gwen Stefani, The Soggy 
Bottom Boys, George Clooney 
and the Coen Bros movie, 
“Oh Brother Where Art Thou?” 






Summer of 2016 I'm walking past 
Lincoln Center on my way to see
the movie "Genius" that had been 
playing at the old Lincoln Plaza. 

I pass a political writer on the 
street I recognize but I'm very bad 
with names.  I sit down in the theater 
to watch the coming attractions.  An 
upcoming documentary about autism, 
“Life Animated" had the name Ron 
Suskind in the credits.  His son is the 
main subject of the film.  Of course
it was Suskind I had just passed on 
the street.

The movie "Genius" is about Thomas 
Wolfe and his editor Maxwell Perkins
who was also editor for Hemingway 
and F. Scott Fitzgerald.  Wolfe’s first 
book, "Look Homeward Angel" played 
a large role in the movie.  

Previously I had vague notions about 
Wolfe and his books.  I knew him from 
the photo I'd seen at the West Village 
White Horse Tavern.  I had no plans to 
see the movie but I happened to play 
this song by the late Steve Young the 
night before:






Non-events like that happen to 
people all the time.  When I played 
this “Look Homeward Angel” video I 
completely missed the part about 
"my old friend Thomas (the right Wolf) 
from Asheville, North Carolina."

"Genius" was an amazing film about 
two Americans played by two British 
actors.  No problem for me.  The real 
Wolfe at 6' 6" was not the sad depressed 
writer in the White Horse Tavern photo.  
“Amplified” and larger than life in more 
ways than one.




“Look Homeward Angel” was published 
two days before the start of Great
Depression and stock market crash of 
1929.  Just his luck.

PERIPHERALS: 
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral

FROM THE WIKI ENTRY:
They are still referred to as "peripherals" 
despite being permanently attached to 
(and in some sense part of) their host 
processor..."

Now what does William Gibson's SF
                   T
novel "Peripheral" have to do 
                    e 
with anything?  And why was he in 
the same NYC subway car late 2014 
standing over me with another guy 
about his age about a month after I 
bought but still hadn't read his book?  
Coincidences like that happen all the 
time.  

Gibson just happened to be wearing 
the same outfit as his photo on 
the back book cover.  I kept saying, 
“is that what's-his-face?  Nah, can't be.”

Except it was his face.  He was doing 
publicity in NYC at the time with badly 
recorded YouTube interviews.  

        T
Peripheral now a TV series???
         e 

👇🏻Do I believe this one single comment?👇🏻  
    About men-in-black moving in “upstairs?”
            (Crowded House)  
Glad they didn’t really follow this blog.

Is this fake non-follower carbon based or 
silicon?  Both?  Better than the previous 
fem “follower” claiming to be military Intel.  
Reality Winner?  Aka, Winnie?  No such luck.  

1 comment:

  1. Came here because of an 8 0r 9 year old comment you made on a YT video. Stayed for the surfeit of high weirdness that you seem to experience-much as I do. I live a mile from NASA and got woken up at 3:05 in the morning (2 hours ago)by people in black ball caps and coveralls moving into the apartment directly above me.Where there are already about a dozen people living. Now, I am reading this. As Hunter S. Thompson said "it just never got weird enough for me". You now have 2 subscribers

    ReplyDelete